Confessions of the 8th Sin of Fashion






#FAME reads the invitingly classy purple banner.
And is there another better word than that to catch a Fashionista's eye? Its almost as if Fashion and Fame have been two sides of the same coin since forever now. The more fashionable you are, the more eyeballs you grab. That's like given!

Style however is more about how you carry fashion. Style is what YOU make of the fashion trends thrown at you. BUT how do you know whether you are good or bad, IN or OUT? And for the uninitiated, is it possible to learn the HOWs at this stage? For the internet addicts or better called the 'Netaratti', in this case, is there one place where you could get your A-Zs of Style & Fashion spoon-fed to you?  

Take the 'March Ka Mantra' from none other than Karan Johar himself and get in the know, I say. With his tongue in cheek digs at some fashion critics 'Social Media' sent his way, I am ready for the daily dope of Fashion, KJO and his Fashion Brigade are sending my way at the #LakmeSchoolofStyle YouTube channel.

Different people sin differently. We all have vices. We do! But when I say I have committed a Fashion Sin, I feel like I belong to a family. A big and growing world-wide family, tight-knit and close. That when I will look into another fashion sinner's eyes, I know he/she will understand my pain and not judge me. It will not remain a sin anymore. It will be appreciated as a passion.

Like KJo coaxes you to, in one of the cover videos, I am SCULPTing my own identity this way, I prefer to believe!



Thus I found an instant connect with one of the videos at the Lakme School Of Style- India's 1st Fashion Video Mag'. 

   


Its amusing to see some of India's fashion big-wigs confessing to the deadly sins of fashion, drawing up a vicious 7 in number. I could relate to 4 of the mentioned deadly fashion sins and am guilty of committing them too. The scales may comparatively vary but a sin is a sin! 


To the list of Bag Gluttony and Sale Wrath, I have an 8th Deadly Fashion Sin to confess to ie. Accessory Addiction


And confessing to that by broadcasting it here is not going to change things. I'm sure its only going to intensify in the sheer sadistic pleasure that I get from knowing it uncontrollably possesses me. 


And then like a light at the end of the dark tunnel, I found the 'DIY Accessories for Him & Her' video by Lakmé School Of Style Vloggers Amanda & Mili 





Style is something inherent that one cannot be taught, or so I'd assumed. Here these two have given me a paradigm shift in more than one ways. They make it look so easy! And have firmly re-established my faith in the belief that the more original your ideas of accessorising the more interesting your look will get.

If you could possibly create your own accessories like they did then there's no stopping you from indulging in your 8th deadly fashion sin- Accessory Addiction.

I am as passionate about art as I am about fashion. So to bring a confluence of both my interests I rigged up some handpainted wearable art brooches out of utter scrap.




 On two discs of waste canvas I painted a naughty 'Kanha' and a sultry 'Radha'. Cut out four discs of scrap velvet discs and sewed them together after stuffing them with cotton fillings. Thus making two lovely pillow-like round brooch bases. Quickly plucked out two peacock feathers that were working as a part of a wall-decor till date, stuck them onto the bases and pasted Kanha and Radha, each on one base.

Voila!!! The quickest DIY Art Brooches one could ever make...

The sultry Radha found herself on the lapel of my Denim JumpSuit. Just the dash of colour needed to spruce up the grunge.



 While naughty Kanha is perched atop a suave dude's hat. Gearing up to rock a Saturday night among a bevy of girls, is what I imagine!


#LakmeSchoolofStyle YouTube channel already seems to have taken over my senses. My heads whirring with ideas, all over again. 


Really thankful to BlogAdda for letting me experience this 'oh-so-fashionable' time with KJo and his Fashion Brigade. 




'This post is a part of the #LakmeSchoolOfStyle activity at BlogAdda.com in association with #Fame'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me A Story- Book Review

Yakshini: Book Review

Escape