Mar 7, 2010

Vintage Stamps

My Pa is still an avid stamp collector but sadly its a rarity to be able to lay your hand on a good stamp (unless you go and buy them yourself)due to this E-mail era !
The huge albums full of international stamps was just an inheritance to me until a few days ago, since childhood.
However since I recognised  that bird printed on the face of a stamp.
It was the Eurasian Golden Oriole that I'd spotted on the branches of the tree in my garden! You can check the photo' out, again, here.
Its thrilling to know that I own a vintage stamp of Hungary on its fauna, that I've managed to see in our very own city, Pune!
This is the 40filler with the   Eurasian Golden Oriole (Oriolus oriolus) 





Another interesting Vintage Hungarian stamp has the Kentish Plover ( Charadrius alexandrinus). 
Will I spot this bird too some day? I also wish to progress from just simple stamp collection to informed Philately.
Anyone who can guide me with this is most welcome to share some tips and tricks! 
Post a Comment