Howdy Pardner?



                                                  

This is a letter from me to my hubby who thinks I’m nowadays wasting a lot of time farming!
This is the husband’s week and I thought I owe this to him.
I have therefore decided to give him an explanation along with full idea of the inventory at my farm. I will try to convince him how profitable it is to be a farmer, in today’s days. I share the letter with you here:

Howdy Pardner?

When I was a kid only Old Mc Donald had a farm! And the rest of us envied him for that. Now most of my friends have a farm of their own. And there’s a cluck-cluck here and a quack-quack there, here a moo, there a moo and everywhere a moo-moo!

I have a farm of my own too. As you know, I began not very long ago, with a small patch of land and little seed money. I plowed, I sowed and the harvest gave me lots of money. I was in profit in an instant. The experience over the period of time helped me grow big, fast. And now my small plot is no longer small. Yeehaw!!!!
I have made my farm a big Ole’ Plantation. I’m trying to save enough to upgrade my farm to a mighty plantation.  Then I can plow more, seed more and earn more. More land is equally proportionate to more yield, you know! 

I’ve invested in a tractor, a seeder and a harvester to quicken the process but they consume a lot of fuel. Fuel is expensive, you know that too and very well, I’m sure! I generally earn it by working some extra time in my neighbor’s farms.

It’s a pretty simple life here at my farm. While the crops grow, I make friends and these friendly neighbors are very generous at heart. They send me lovely gifts regularly and even oblige me by lending a hand at fertilizing my land and crops. This gives me better yields you know! I thank them with gifts too and also visit their farm to lend a hand. So it’s a mutual admiration society here.
 We also indulge in hobbies like accumulating collectibles and when a collection is complete we can trade it in for a reward! Isn’t that wonderful?

I had a small chicken coop roosting 20 chickens. With the help of these great friends I was able to expand it to a capacity of 60 within no time. It was as easy as a few clicks! My poultry yield is also flourishing now. Sometimes I find a few mysterious looking black and golden eggs that I share with my friends, immediately.

With the help of my friends I have recently, successfully built a stable for my horses and now 20 handsome beasts live comfortably. I still have to make space for 3 more of my horses, though. I’d still given home to a few wandering stallions time and again and they have left behind their little Grey and Brown foals.  

As on today I own 46 cows and my dairy can only do better from here! I also find a few extra bags of fertilizers from here, now and then. Some cute little brown calves were also born some weeks ago. Moo… Aaha! That reminds me that I also own 9 goats and I collect their milk which fetches me a good amount of coins too.  I have 2 pigs that hog all day and collecting their truffles gives me a meager amount but I’ve still let them live here. Our little son likes to here them Oink, Oink! 

I’ve made space near the big red barn for the sheep and ewe. Collecting their wool is very profitable. I also have some rabbits that give me lovely Angora wool. I’ve also given home to 4 lonely bulls and lost reindeer. For that I’ve also received the ‘Animal Shelter’ Blue Ribbon and am a fully accomplished Zoologist now. There are 6 brown geese and a big fat wild turkey too. See them there near the tool shed?

I have an impressive Banana plantation and a line of very strong, tall date palms. In addition to these I have many great fruit trees like Walnut, pomegranate, lime, lemon, avocado, apricot, apple and orange trees. I make quite an amount of money from the fruits too.
There are a few strong Maple trees too. Another source of good moolah!

 I forgot to tell you about the little Leprechaun gnome. I imagine, he’s the one who chops up the wood from the big log and sets them neatly into a pile. I have a wagon for him to load it into and trundle it down to me.

I own 5 cottages, 3 of which are pink and 2 black. One of the black cottages is an Indian home with a coconut tree in its garden et al! The back yard has a washing line where beautiful saris are generally hung out for drying. It is a heart-warming sight you know!
There’s a Black and yellow Indian rickshaw parked at my farm too. Maybe in the future,I could atually ply it for money, if they let the farmers do that. Should suggest it, shouldn’t I?

We have a lot of celebration activities also between us friends. Last X-mas there was loads of gifts under my Christmas tree and at Valentines I received great amounts of gifts too. At Easter, my spring basket was flourishing with eggs and I could redeem them for big gifts. It’s a splendid plan here! In exchange of 150 eggs they gave me a huge Dutch Windmill which I have placed in the North-East corner of my land.

I enjoy checking out what’s new in the market and when I’ve saved enough to spend some extra money on farm decorations, I just go and splurge! My shopping itch is satisfied thus. Now that does make you happy, doesn’t it? I’ve not been awarded the ‘Pack Rat’ Blue Ribbon, (amongst many others) for nothing!

My farm also has a school house and in the courtyard I’ve provided for some source of entertainment for the school kids, too. There’s a sandbox, some soft toys and a spring pond with real ducks and swans in it. Its fun to collect their down feathers you know! There are penguins and cats for the children to play with.
I’ve given home to a lot of stray cats and that’s why they awarded me ‘The Cat Lady’ Red Ribbon.  The big Shoe house is the star attraction though! The Post Office is quite near from here, if the children would like to write home.

I also invested a lot of time and money in building a Maison for my farm. My friendly neighbors helped me with procuring the raw material, very generously and it was ready in no time! You can take a look at the beautiful structure in the South-West corner of my land. I imagine, we’ll be staying in the mini-villa nearby!

Recently this new concept of Co-op farming was introduced wherein some farmers can team up and take up cultivation projects to be completed within a stipulated amount of time. On successfully completing it we are handsomely rewarded. There are Gold, Silver & Bronze prizes awarded according to the time utilized for carrying out given instructions and harvesting the right amount of crops. I teamed up with my best friends and I’m elated to tell you that we‘ve together finished about 4 projects by now, winning the Gold every time!
Last night we won a Mini Pagoda for ‘Stirring Things Up’. Can you beat that? We will start working towards winning the School Bus, tonight. My school needs a vehicle, you know!

As of now, this is my farm’s detailed inventory. I can only assure you that I am making a good amount of money as compared to many other farmer friends. And am rising levels up, above the rest, fast! I’m a devoted and serious farmer, you see!


Trust you are seeing my passion for farming and will let me peacefully continue with my job.
Loads of Love and mwahs,
Vibz

Ps: I recently bought a brown Border collie pup for 3, 00,000/-. If I feed it enough kibbles, it will grow up into a handsome big dog soon. So, even that worry about our son’s demands is solved.
I’ve sent you an open invitation to join me at Farmville too!
Think about it!

Comments

Vinay Leo R. said…
lolz :D Vibs, this is fantastic :D ru a farmer too.. which level are u in? :)

i've never had to write a letter, considering my parents dont care for me farming ;)
Nanka said…
Vibzz Must say...this one's a MASTERPIECE!!

Addicted Farmers can well identify with this!! Other's who read it may just turn around and join in....Looks like you changed your New Years resolution too...see all the things you would have missed!! :)

Send it in to Zynga.com...I'm sure they'll reward you!!
Lakshmi Rajan said…
LOL ! ow ! thats a whole world out there :P now I am looking forward to reply letter from your hubby ;)
Hi Leo...yes, im very much an addicted farmer and this letter is right from my heart! LOL..Join the band wagon at Facebook..Add me! :D
Hi Nandini Akka,
Thanks for the generous praise..Continue being my guide at Farmville and otherwise and see me churn out more Masterpieces..Ur blessings!!
I did leave the link at the appliaction pg..
Cheers!
Mwahs and hugs
Hi Rajan...
Thank god he's not a creative writer or this would make one hell of a correspondence! LOL..
aayanman said…
I could never figure this maze.sigh..!
Wonder what causes this addiction>?
Addiction of any kind can never be figured out by those not caught up in it, dear Gyan! Sigh! I dont have your answer either...
Anonymous said…
hahahahhah
i enjoyed it thoroughly
actually for a second i thought you really own a farm and was envious of you. but the first photo i saw and i knew what you were talking about.
my darling son is addicted to it
i always tell him you are 21 years old and you are indulging in such a juvenile past time ( sorry, no offense meant)
Pooja said…
lol :D..
I am not addicted to farmville though, I am not sure if I am missing on anything..
Dear Anju Gandhi,
You don't know what ur missing out on, Ma'm..Live the dream, virtually!
Its a different high to own so much property and make money easily, sitting at one spot!..LOL..Try it! :D
Pooja, you haven't tasted blood! LOL...
views24hours said…
good..its farm villa
Manjunath said…
Lost interest after reaching level 27 farmville guys should spice up something new after couple of levels! anyways happy farming ;)
Hi Manjunath, then ur missing out on a lot! FV must have realised people lose interest later so they've something or the other happening every 3rd day..Festival celebrations wid loads of gifts, rewards at every step. Now there's a new concept called Co-op farming where u win expensive stuff as gold reward for completion of the job..LOL..Restart and ull know..hehehe..dont forget to add me as neighbour!
Hi Manjunath, then ur missing out on a lot! FV must have realised people lose interest later so they've something or the other happening every 3rd day..Festival celebrations wid loads of gifts, rewards at every step. Now there's a new concept called Co-op farming where u win expensive stuff as gold reward for completion of the job..LOL..Restart and ull know..hehehe..dont forget to add me as neighbour!
pRasad said…
WoooooO!

You like farmville soo much :)

Yestereday only I posted about craze of this game on facebook.

You seems to be mother of all farmville crazy ppl out there :)
Unknown said…
woooowwwwieee ... old mac donald .. its one of my daughters favourite nursery rhymes .. wenver i m on fv ... she joins me ...coz of dis fv shes learnt all the sounds of animals hahahahhah lol now my dahlin daughter jaanu is addicted to it .. its a real stress buster ....dis is jus fantastic ... looking forward to reach level 40 .. hurray ... mwaaah ... kip up the good wrk vibs .. love ya ...
Manjunath said…
Lost interest after reaching level 27 farmville guys should spice up something new after couple of levels! anyways happy farming ;)
views24hours said…
good..its farm villa
Tulika Verma said…
Hahahaha...been there! I can't stop laughing! I was a hard-working farmer at one point too. Although time doesn't allow me that joy anymore. Love the style of writing and the sense of humour! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me A Story- Book Review

Yakshini: Book Review

Escape